Terms and conditionsYou must read and agree to the following terms and conditions before we are able to provide boarding services. We may update this document at any time without notice. Your continued use of our services indicates acceptance of any amendments.
This document was last updated on the 28th of April, 2018. An always up-to-date copy is available at meowmansion.com.au/terms.
- All prices are per day or part thereof.
- Full payment of boarding and any other additional fees incurred as described within our terms and conditions agreement will be required before the release of boarded animals.
- Our prices are subject to change without notice.
- For long bookings, we require payment for services rendered every 60 days.
- While all animals admitted to Meow Mansion receive the utmost level of care, they are boarded entirely at the risk of the owner.
- While Meow Mansion staff are animal husbandry professionals, we are not animal medical professionals and will only act upon advice from partnering veterinary clinics with whom we have a business relationship. Requests from customers that may impact the safety or well-being of their pet will be refused.
- Meow Mansion is not responsible for loss or damage to any items accompanying boarded animals.
- Owners and parties acting on their behalf agree to indemnify Meow Mansion, individual employees and other associated parties from any and all legal liability and/or damages that may result by using our services.
- December 24th – January 2nd
- Good Friday – Easter Monday
- Victorian public holidays
- Victorian government state school holidays
- For stays during our peak periods, public holidays and for stays of 14 days or more, we require a deposit.
- The deposit required is $100.00, or $50.00 if boarding fees are less than $100.00.
- Accommodation is not reserved until the deposit has been received in full and will be allocated in the order that deposits are received. If paying by bank transfer, the funds must have cleared (not in a pending state).
- Deposits are counted towards the total balance due when checking out.
- Deposits are non-refundable for bookings within peak period or public holiday dates except at the discretion of management.
- Deposits are refundable for bookings outside of peak period dates if the reservation is cancelled at least 48 hours prior to our opening time on the check-in date.
- Customers who do not check in on the nominated date without notifying us beforehand will forfeit their deposit in full.
- Normal boarding rates for the next day apply for customers unable to collect their cat on their nominated check out date.
- During peak periods and public holidays, the full originally quoted amount for boarding services is due for cats collected prior to their nominated check out date.
- Outside of peak periods and public holidays, boarding services will be charged at a pro-rata rate for actual days used if cats are collected prior to their nominated check out date.
- Balances pre-paid in full will be used as credit for future boarding services when cats are collected prior to their nominated check out date.
- If additional discounted rates have been applied/negotiated, these will be considered nullified in the event of an early collection.
- An additional fee of $50.00 per instance will be payable when checking animals in or out, or if it's necessary to administer medication, outside of our regular opening hours.
- An appointment must be arranged prior to the date.
- This service is subject to staff availability and may be refused if we are unable to accommodate your request.
- A maximum of 2 hours prior to or after our regular opening or closing times applies.
- We require that boarding cats have received an F3, F4 or F5 (with F3 being the minimum) vaccination prior to admission. Failure to provide documentation of vaccination (a certificate or a receipt of the service) will result in us refusing to board them.
- Final vaccinations must have been completed a minimum of 7 days prior to boarding.
- Cats older than 12 months require a current (within the last 12 months) vaccination certificate.
- Cats younger than 12 months require evidence of their initial & second vaccinations.
- Animals suspected of illness, carrying infectious disease or parasites will not be boarded.
- All boarding cats must have been given a monthly flea treatment at least 48 hours prior to entering the cattery.
- Permission is assumed for animals from the same household to be housed together in the same appropriately sized enclosure unless we are otherwise directed.
- If illness is suspected, a partnering veterinarian will be contacted and Meow Mansion will act on their advice. If treatment is required, a transportation fee of $50.00 will apply. The owner is liable for any and all veterinary fees, either be in the form of reimbursement to Meow Mansion or a direct payment to the treating clinic.
- Animals found to be carrying fleas, ticks, worms or any other parasites will be treated by Meow Mansion at an additional cost of $30.00.
- We're able to administer medication at no cost during our opening hours, however if it's necessary outside of these times, regular out-of-hours fees will apply per instance.
- We will use a customer's usual veterinary clinic only if they are located within a short/reasonable distance from Meow Mansion. Otherwise, we will instead use the services of a partnering veterinary clinic.
- Animals that are left for a period of 30 days after the duration of the booking without contact from the owner or representative will be considered abandoned and will be yielded to an animal shelter.
- Outstanding balances will be pursued by a debt collection agency acting on our behalf.
Discounts and promotions
- Only one promotional offer may be used per booking.
- Discounts offered pertain only to boarding fees and do not extend to products offered for sale, veterinary bills, transportation or medical supplies.
- While we will make every effort to accommodate all customer requests, we reserve the right not to comply if it impacts our ability to perform our duty of care within our advertised opening hours.